Hi guys! I hope you all had a great weekend – forget those Monday blues. My latest street style post covers some styling tips on how to wear statement trousers. I for one used to find them quite intimidating but now that’s not the case. Why? You’ll see why about half way through this blog post. I have also hand-picked and styled a number of outfits that are perfect for SS17. Have a read and let me know what you think. Ps. my Olivia necklace is from The Hidden Gem – LOVE IT!
Photography by Mei Ling Tong.
Statement trousers are a great way to add a pop to your wardrobe no matter what season it is.
Lately I’ve fallen for some pretty out there pants: culottes, embroidered skinny jeans, crazy patters and all things bright and colourful for the weeks to come.
It can be hard to imagine how on you’ll wear such “out there” bottoms but as I like to say “Just go for it!” If loud pants seem too loud, just tone down the rest of the outfit.
SHOP THE LOOK
STYLING TIPS FOR STATEMENT PANTS
Here are a few styling tips to help you feel confident adding bold pants to your Spring Summer wardrobe.
- Pair your crazy pants with solid/block colors.
- Both flats and heels look great with a statement pant, and don’t be afraid to keep the shoes a bit funkier if that’s your style.
- Try a black/white blazer (for evening wear) or a light grey jumper or plain white tee/tank (if you’re going for a casual look).
- Keep the shape in mind, pair a looser pair of trousers with a more fitted top and pair a skinnier leg with a softer jumper or jacket.
- More importantly…. have fun with it!
Here are a few outfits I’ve put together to give you some inspiration. To shop each item simply click on the each image.
Any styling questions? Feel free to ask away!
STEAL THAT STYLE
PRETTY IN PINK
LESS IS MORE
There you have it – my latest street style look with a few style tips thrown in. Hopefully this has given you some inspiration for the weeks to come. If there is anything in particular you’d like me to blog about next let me know. You can catch me on Snapchat: duffyloikes, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! 🙂
Thanks for reading!
Until next time…
Join me for updates on my #BOSS life…