On Saturday I attended the second Irish Bloggers Conference that was organised by Fiona Reid of Cool Events and Emma O’Farrell. It was held in the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin. I was in London for the first Irish Blogger Conference so I was over the moon that I could finally go. It was a great event hosted by the legend that is comedian Marcus O’Laoire who kept us all in stitches for the entire event. The conference kicked off at noon and consisted of a variety of talks by some of Ireland’s leading beauty, fashion and lifestyle bloggers. I went with my blogger girlies Nirina Plunkett of Killer Fashion, Mei Ling of Darling Buds of Mei, Filomena of Enhance What’s Yours, Lisa Mc of Lisa Lists & Goss.ie, Gail O’Connor of Glam Force and Louise Bolton of Strawberry Topics and AJ of AJMakeUp and met up with more bloggers at the event – I had an absolute ball!
There were a number of well-known speakers at the conference and they all had some seriously motivating tips and tricks for us.
- Rob Lipsett – Lipsett Fitness
- Anita Whyte – blogger DolledUp.ie
- Pete Wedderburn – Pete The Vet
- Timi Ogunyemi – editor of Picture This
- Conor Lynch – SocialMedia.ie
- Darragh Doyle – social media strategist and blogger from This Is What I Like
- Alison Canavan – model and blogger from Alison Canavan
- Mary Carty – digital media agency SpoiltChild.com and founder of Stemettes
- Barbara Scully – From My Kitchen Table, and writer & broadcaster
- Orla McDonagh – Gym Bunny
- Sonya Lennon – Frock Advisor app and Lennon Courtney fashion designer
The charity partner for the event was Teenline Ireland, for those of you that may not know – it is a free-phone service that’s open 7 days a week for teenagers in Ireland. As you can see there were plenty of photos taken on the day. I couldn’t help but take a quick pic of these super cute cupcakes. LOVED them! #Yum
What I Wore
I decided to go for a ‘dressed up but dressed down’ kind of look. My white shirt is from River Island (I wear this so much because it goes with almost everything in my wardrobe), my black denim skinny jeans are from Topshop and I got these black strap heels in Australia (a similar pair are available in Office at the minute). Oh and I got this fab ‘H belt’ from Cari’s closet. I cannot get enough of Cari’s lately.
To top off the event there was a fashion & beauty bloggers panel after the talks with:
- Holly White –Holly.ie and fashion stylist
- James Butler – Jus De James and editor of MFI Magazine
- Joanne Larby – The Make Up Fairy and makeup artist
- Nuala Gorham – Penny and Polaroids
- David Cashman – Dapper Dave Cash
The after party took place in 10 St. Stephen’s Green. There was a good group of us which was great for catch ups, we all enjoyed endless glasses of Prosecco and I fell in love with the George Bernard Shaw cocktail. Pink as pink can be! #Delish
Overall I had an absolute ball at the conference. It was a great event and brilliantly organised by Fiona Reid of Cool Events and Emma O’Farrell. I cannot wait for the next #IBC – Bring it on!
Thanks for reading!